We are so thankful to all the supporters of this site who have purchased our DIY mask kits – with the revenue generated, we have been able to donate 4,100 much-needed disposable surgical face masks to local organizations facing severe shortages. Every little bit helps!
Organizations Who Received Masks
- 1,000 to American Red Cross Blood Drives (Cascades Region)
- 800 to Allworth Veterans’ Home (Lebanon, OR )
- 500 to Willamette Valley Hospice (Salem, OR – )
- 500 to Oregon Dept. of Human Service (Albany, OR)
- 500 to Keller Oaks Healthcare Center (Keller, TX)
- 350 to Corvallis Daytime Drop-in Center
- 250 to Community Outreach, Inc (Corvallis, OR)
- 200 to Stoneybrook Assisted Living (Corvallis, OR)
- 200 to OSU Student Health Services (Corvallis, OR)
- 100 to Corvallis Albany Farmers’ Markets
Communities Make the Difference
This crisis has shown more than ever that local communities must rally together and take care of their own. Because of you, we were able to donate to organizations that are taking care of the most vulnerable among us beyond the hospitals that receive the most support (though still not enough) – veterans in care homes & hospice centers residents and their carers must be protected due to their high-risk status.
Help us Continue Our Mission
We are still on a mission to educate the community about the mask shortage and help those who want to make their own reusable, washable and DIY masks at home, do so as safely as possible. Every purchase on the site helps us fund more purchases of our independently-sourced masks from abroad to get them in the hands of workers and the vulnerable in our affected local populations. We are in this for the long-haul and we are anxiously awaiting good news from the pandemic front and an alleviation of the PPE-shortage crisis.
Stay safe and THANK YOU again!